Agape Healing Arts
Acupuncture - Integrative Medicine
Integrative Medicine and Acupuncture
Oriental Medicine, which includes the practice of Acupuncture, herbal medicine, moxibustion, tuina (therapeutic bodywork), nutrition, exercise and meditation is a safe, effective and evidence based form of medical treatment that has evolved into a complete holistic health care system encompassing a variety of traditional health care therapies that have been used for more than 5,000 years to diagnose and treat illness, prevent disease and improve well-being.
Pillars of Traditional Oriental Medicine:
- Electroacupuncture: "E-stim" or the use of fine micro-current technology
- Tuina: Chinese massage therapy & various therapeutic bodywork
- Cupping: this employs a glass or plastic cup to stimulate blood and Qi
- Gua Sha: translated as scraping usually with a massage tool such as jade or other materials
- Lifestyle Coaching, Dietary and Nutritional Counseling
- Tai Chi: Medicine in Motion
- Qi Gong: Coordination of Breath, Posture & fluid movement for Health
- Meditation: Medicine for the Mind
In order to promote the body’s natural ability to heal itself, Chinese Medicine focuses on restoring and maintaining the natural balance of your body’s Qi or vital life force energy. When Qi and blood is balanced, flowing and in harmony, the body is in good health. Dis-ease and illness occur when the energy is either stagnant, obstructed, deficient, or in any way out of balance.
Acupuncture can be safely used during pregnancy to maintain the body's optimal Qi or energy level. There are so many changes that the body is going through and acupuncture is used to maintain a balance within all the energetic pathways. It is extremely effective relieving nausea and emesis during pregnancy. Some other symptoms that acupuncture can alleviate include: heartburn, constipation, hemorrhoids, prolapse, edema, sinusitis, anxiety, depression, insomnia, fatigue, musculoskeletal pain and urinary tract infections. It can also an excellent method of inducing labor which has no side effects.